Galhampton Village Hall
Opened in November 2018, Galhampton’s village hall offers a bright and airy modern facility with a warm and welcoming feel. As well as the main hall, we can offer both a meeting room and a consulting room and a well-equipped kitchen, plus a range of up to date fixtures and equipment.
There has been a village hall in Galhampton since 1887. The current hall was completely rebuilt on the site of the old hall, with the benefit of funding from a number of sources, primarily the Big Lottery. Designed by a local firm of architects, the new hall has received many favourable comments.
This section of the website gives details of the village hall and its facilities. Please look through to see what we offer.
- Main Hall: 15m x 9m (136m2)
- Meeting Room: 5m – 7m x 4m (25m2)
- Consulting Room: 2m – 3.5m x 3m (8m2)
- Main Hall:
- Standing 180
- Seated 120
- Seated at tables 100
- Meeting Room:
- Standing 35
- Seated 30
- Seated at tables 20
- Consulting Room:
- Standing 6
- Seated 4
- Demountable stage: nine units @ 6’ x 3’ that can be set in various configurations with a maximum width of 18’
- Sound system with four speakers and Bluetooth capability
- Cordless microphone
- Overhead projector
- Projection screen
- Blackout blinds to cover all external doors and windows in the main hall
- Lighting bars with four lighting cans
- Control desk for the lighting cans
- Blue ray DVD player
- Small store room/control room at rear of hall
- Large storage room off main hall
- Green room at rear of main hall with separate toilet and access to main hall via two separate doors and also to the outside of the hall (both car park and garden)
- Doors to both car park and garden from the main hall
- Air warming/cooling and circulation system in main hall
- Dimmable lighting in all main rooms
- Flat screen TV in meeting room with socket in floor for connecting a laptop
- Kitchen with commercial oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, glasses washer, food preparation sink, washing up sink, hand washing basin, crockery, cutlery, kettles
- Kitchen storage room
- Bar area with coffee machine, kettle, glasses, cups and saucers, sink
- Consulting room with sink and small table
- Central heating throughout
- Garden to rear of hall (south facing)
- Central toilets: male, female and disabled/baby changing
You can download a copy of our inventory list here: Download Inventory List
The hall has full internet access and WiFi throughout the hall.
The hall has flat access and wide-opening doors to enable disabled access. There is a disabled toilet located with easy access from all areas of the hall.
There is a hearing loop in the main hall.
The hall has a south-facing garden to the rear of the hall with access from the main hall, meeting room and kitchen. There are views across the fields towards South Cadbury Castle.
All details regarding making a booking can be found on our booking page.